Juvederm is a hyaluronic-acid-based injectable filler which can be used to fill in and improve the appearance of deep folds, lines and wrinkles of the face, add fullness to the lips, and contour facial features like the chin and cheeks. Juvederm contains the highest concentration of hyaluronic acid and, unlike other facial fillers, it comes in the form of a smooth gel, allowing for smoother, more natural results and less discomfort during injection. Juvederm comes in the following three concentrations:
- Juvederm 18, injected into the superficial dermis to treat fine wrinkles like peri-oral wrinkles and crow’s feet.
- Juvederm 24 or 24HV, injected into the middle dermis to treat glabellar lines, forehead wrinkles, cheek wrinkles, and mild to moderate nasal furrows.
- Juvederm 30, injected into the deep dermis to treat naso-genian folds, add volume to the lips, sculpt the cheeks and restore a natural oval shape to the face.
Potential candidates for Juvederm injections include men and women who are in good health, have realistic expectations, and are looking to improve the appearance of facial wrinkles and other imperfections or enhance the lips. Juvederm may not be appropriate for patients with severe allergies, particularly to bacterial proteins.
The Juvederm injection is typically performed in a surgeon’s office and takes just five to thirty minutes depending upon the size and number of areas being treated. A topical anesthetic, local injection or nerve block may first be administered. During the procedure, the Juvederm is injected directly into the skin with a very fine needle. The treatment area will gently massaged after the injection in order to ensure even distribution.
While patients may experience some redness, swelling and discomfort for the first few days after treatment with Juvederm, recovery is minimal and most patients are able to immediately return to work and other normal activities. Juvederm results can last up to six months or longer. A follow-up procedure performed within a few weeks of the initial injection may help to extend the duration of results.
- Acne treatments
- Age reversing facials
- Botox® injections
- Chemical peels
- Dermal fillers (Restylane®, Radiance, collagen, fat)
- Facial cosmetic surgery
- NEW! Now offering signature spa facials! Starting at $95, call for details!
- Laser skin rejuvenation
- Medical skin care products
- Microdermabrasion & Silk Peel
- Obagi Blue Peel®
- Pain Free Laser hair removal
- Scar revision
- Sclerotherapy (PHOTOS)
- Skin Analysis & Rejuvenation
(301) 652-RENU (7368) • email@example.com